Weekend Recap

Monday, March 9, 2015

Oh boy, Monday already?! That means I have just two more days here in San Diego, and the sadness is starting to take effect. Emily had asked me to hold Sam Friday morning while she got ready for the gym and I just starting balling right then and there. My time in San Diego has been nothing short of amazing and I'm gonna miss it way too much!

This weekend was an adventure for sure! I took a drive up to Sierra Madre to visit my Aunt Cindy and cousin Caroline. Let me tell you that a two hour road trip in California is NOT a Texas road trip by any stretch of the imagination. I was driving through mountains and it was absolutely gorgeous! Taking that small little trip was a fantastic way to spend my last weekend in California. It was just me, the radio, open roads, and family!


Beautiful, amiright?!




When I got there we took a trip to Ulta where a lady ended up giving me a free makeover? Uh, yes please! She was doing waterless manicures using Butter London products which I absolutely love! She started with a cuticle treatment that allows your cuticles to rub off super easily cause it's bad to cut them. I actually read that the other day in Women's Health too. Before I knew it, she put on two coats, and was putting makeup on me. It escalated quickly. Haha! I love the products cause they never add Formaldehyde, Toluene, DBP, phthalates or parabens (aka, gross, gross, gross) to any products, AND they're really good for sensitive skin. Even better, right!? 



Melt Away, Cuticle Eliminator
$19.00 online
Yummy Mummy (the color she did on me)
$15.00 online

After that, we went to Philippe's in LA. Talk about delicious sandwiches! It was so good. I got the Lamb French DOUBLE dipped sandwich. Remember those splurges I talked about? This weekend was definitely one of them! My aunt and I ended the night with a bunch of her friends at a local hangout in Sierra Madre. It was too much fun! 



Me and Caroline 

Aunt Cindy and I at the Buc 



However, I'm gonna chalk this up to a mini-vacation, I didn't do as well as I had hoped for the first week of the #4WeeksFit Challenge. 

Goal 1: I wanted to workout 4-5 times a week and I've only worked out three times this week, but I DO have my last training session scheduled for tomorrow so that will make four before the official week is over. (I started on Wednesday).
Goal 2: Eating out once a week? ...............oops? :/ next week will FOR SURE be better!
Goal 3: Meal prepping. I haven't done an official meal prep just because I am waiting to get back to Austin, but that will be coming up on Wednesday!
Goal 4: 6 miles......I'm still trucking at a solid 4. So we'll see how that one comes along!

Happy Monday! Here's to a happy and healthy start of the week!





1 comment:

  1. So... I am not going to comment on each post but I just read them all. Keep up the good work! You ALMOST made me want to take up running.... almost. Maybe a few more posts and I will see if I still hate it.

    Miss you!

    ReplyDelete