Playing Catch Up!

Friday, September 4, 2015

My, my...where the heck has all the time gone?! It's been a solid five/six months since I've written a post. Remember that time when I was so gung-ho about blogging? Yeah me too, when all was stress free and relaxing living by the beaches of San Diego and nannying for money I got to save, while cuddling with a sweet two month old nephew. Well, as it turns out, my time in San Diego fell short (too soon to which my sister would say 'I told you so!'). I ended up getting a job back in Austin with the help of one of my best friends at a local gym, so I figured moving back home would be the best decision.

About a month into being in San Diego I began feeling homesick. Yes, I loved being there with my sister and nephew, but I missed my friends, my apartment, my Austin. My friend Blaire gave me a call saying she had a job that I would love waiting for me and I thought, that's it! It's a sign I should be back in Austin. So I ran with it. I decided I would give myself a little more time in California, and then I would venture back to Texas.

And then the day came where I had to say a awful "see you later" to Emily, Susan, and sweet Sammy. It was without a doubt the hardest thing I ever had to do. Honestly, people at the airport probably thought someone died, that's how hard I was crying. And I really never stopped for the next five days.

The job I landed in Austin, wasn't awful. It wasn't great either. I ended up working in sales which through me for a looooop! Note to self: you do not take after father in the area of sales. It wasn't what I thought it would be, therefore I missed California, and my family that much more. Part of me thought I should move back, and another thought I should stick it out and just keep going. Muscle through, Soph, you can do it!

I spent a lot of my time venting with friends and family (for which I'm much grateful for) and a TON of time praying. The next three months of moving back to Austin proved to be such a challenge. Some would say I went through a minor depression (to which I would agree) but I never let myself fail. I continued to stay on track health wise, and put a smile on my face every chance I got.

Needless to say the job didn't last for long. The day after I decided to quit I felt like everything began falling into place:

  • I graduated (walked the stage, rather)
  • I signed up to take my exam to become a certified personal trainer 
  • I met with an Arbonne Consultant to being my own Arbonne business 
  • I went to San Antonio for a week to decompress...theeeen!
  • I landed a new job as a chiropractor assistant at a chiropractic office in West Austin with the help of my cousin. 

To say everything happens for a reason is an understatement. Believing in God's time is the best advice, and the hardest advice I could ever give, receive, and live out. After five months of undesirable stress, heartache, and angst, things have finally started falling into place and I'm happier than I've ever been! I've been working on steps to further my future and happiness which include continuing to workout, reading and blogging...again, motivating others to achieve their goals, and most importantly praying everyday! 

The view from my morning run...trying to! 

No comments:

Post a Comment