WOD #1

Monday, March 2, 2015

After missing last weeks training session, I knew I was in for quite the workout today. Usually, I aim to workout 4-5 times a week, but because I've been so busy babysitting/nannying my life away, I value home time to keep me sane. I've been using workouts with my trainer Ryan as my gym workouts, and usually do some form of cardio twice a week with Emily.

I started going to Ryan when I moved to San Diego. Him and his roommate Wade own a small gym that they run themselves. It's not a corporate gym, and they do not have any specific style, which I actually appreciate. They're both well trained and know their stuff, so I trust them completely. When I first got there I told him I wanted to start working on different powerlifting techniques, so our workouts usually consist of that, or building main muscles involved in those movements. 

Here's a glimpse at today's workout 
Before any workout, I do a stretch and about a three minute foam roll. Don't worry, I'll do a whole blog dedicated to how much I live by foam rolling. Warm-ups, especially dynamic ones are key to happy, warm muscles. 

We started with bench just to kind of get the blood pumping, and to get my arms ready for the dead lifts. My goal this whole time has been to get 140 off the ground by myself, but unfortunately I was only able to take it from the rack and rep it. No off the ground for me just yet :( and yes, I was aggravated! Meh, next time!! 
After those complex movements, we started breaking down by targeting smaller muscle groups with more simple movements. By doing these simple, yet explosive movements, it'll help me to gain the power I need in order to get the 140 off the ground! 
We ended with just 10 simple squat jumps, and I'm pretty sure my legs and back were shot after that. 

Just like any workout, I ended with a thorough stretch, and foam roll! 


Plug of the day: 
Jump Start Fitness
Ryan Pearl and Wade Snow
https://www.facebook.com/jumpstartfitness123

Super cool guys in San Diego who love to help people with their constant motivation and by achieving their goals! If you're in the San Diego area, and looking for a fresh start or just continuing in your fitness journey like me, they're your guys for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment