Shake it Up!

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

So I have this issue, it's called "I take way to much time to make breakfast." Seriously, it should be a condition. The problem is I love breakfast so much! It really is the beez-kneez to my day. Should I skip my usual eggs, sausage, sweet potato mixture, I wouldn't be a happy camper. However not every morning goes how I want. Having to be at work by 8am means a gourmet breakfast won't be served everyday. Buuutttt, I found out what is: a gourmet shake!

Below is my trusty breakfast/protein shake recipe:

16oz water
3 scoops Arbonne Chocolate Protein
1 scoop Arbonne Daily Fiber
1/2 frozen banana
1/4 C gluten free oats
1 TBSP PB Fit

Blend all together in your blender of choice. (I use a Ninja..it helps to really break down the oats)


Alright, so breakdown time:

I like to use water instead of almond milk because it keeps the sugar to a minimum seeings as I'm already adding in a banana. I freeze the bananas to a) last longer, and b) they make a great substitute for ice! My gluten free oats give me the carbs I need to start the day, and the protein powder and PB Fit provide my proteins for the morning as well.

Some of y'all may be looking at the fiber like huuuuh? Do I HAVE to include that? We all probably know the effects of one too many Fiber One bars in the morning (No, DAD! They're NOT granola bars for the thousandth time....) Yeah, we've all been there. When I started my Arbonne business, I began regimenting my fiber intake. One reason why I loved getting the 30 Days to Healthy Living was because it included the Daily Fiber, and I knew for a fact that was something I was super neglecting in my diet. Check out what the Mayo Clinic says about benefits to fiber intake:

1. Normalizes bowel movements (or what I like to abbrev as BM's)
2. Helps to maintain bowel health
3. Helps to lower cholesterol levels
4. Helps to control blood sugar levels
5. Aids in achieving healthy weight

So get it in, peeps! A great rule of thumb, recommended by the Institute of Medicine; women under fifty years of age should get about 25 grams per day.

So there it is! Start your morning off delicious, healthy, and quick!

No comments:

Post a Comment