Gettin fancy with it!

Wednesday, October 14, 2015

So this past weekend was one for the books! Why's that you ask? Well, I made my first big girl move and purchased my own vehicle!!! Okay okaaaay, I got a really banging insurance check from my previous totaled vehicle, so that allowed me to buy a new car. But nonetheless, I am acquiring credit (the Dave Ramsey way ;)) and am stuck with a five year car payment. I would definitely call adulting on that one!

The weekend was spent in car dealerships, a lot! Although I was at home, I didn't get the full home type feel. A majority of the time was spent being stressed over the car buying process and taking it out on my mother (I didn't mean to, I promise!!). When things worked out on Sunday, and I had my new precious baby with me, I was ecstatic, but knew I still had to drive back to Austin to make it to work the next morning.

Ronda the Renegade!


One thing I always love when going home is dinner. Growing up, I remember all the fun times happening in the kitchen. Putting on music, helping my mom cook, cleaning with my sisters; fellowship, and family time revolved around it. Lately I've been craving that feeling again, and because I went home to buy a car, we didn't have that time, so I decided to bring it home to Austin!

On Monday night I decided to treat my closest bunch with a homemade meal, and wine. Why? Because it's what I do! It's the biggest form of flattery in my opinion. It was a way of me saying "thanks for getting all of my stressed out texts/snaps and handling it with grace" and "uhhhh I just bought a car. Let's both celebrate and cry over a five year payment...okay? Okay!"

In my latest pinteresting adventures, I found a delicious Shrimp Scampi with Zucchini Noodles recipe and decided that would be the meal! A fun, quick, and healthy meal, that give a spark of classy cause after all, I am cooking with wine :)

So per usual, I am a great recipe follower and alter-er, NOT a recipe creator!



Here are the ingredients I used. I did leave out a couple spices from the original recipe:

My attempt at being crafty with the ingredients. I failed, miserably.

1 lb of deveined shrimp
4 peeled zucchinis (I used a julene slicer, but a regular peeler works just as well)
3 cloves of garlic chopped
1/4c parsley minced
1 tsp crushed red pepper
2 C lemon juice fresh
olive oil
1/2 C wine
salt + pepper to taste

DIRECTIONS:

Coat a medium sauce pan with olive oil on medium-high heat (I always aim for about 4-6 on my stove dial). Add garlic, crushed red pepper, salt/pepper and shrimp. Heat until fully cooked. About 5 or so minutes. Once cooked, set aside strained shrimp, leaving any juices in the pan, then add in lemon juice, wine, and zucchini noodles. Cook all the way through until the zucchini is tender (or to your preference). Add in the shrimp, and heat through.

Viola!! That's it! Garnish your dish with the minced parsley, and add any salt/pepper to taste as needed. Other than that, your meal is ready to be shared amongst friends!

Don't worry, between 4 girls this was finished in an hour 

**Side notes: I went to HEB and asked the wine taster what a good white wine would be to cook with and he said anything dry. He recommended a dry chardonnay that they were tasting that day, and it did wonders to the dish!

1 comment:

  1. yum! you make in cali, si? we buy the food, you make! ok? okaiiii!

    ReplyDelete