About Me

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Hello all! Well, I have done it. I have decided to try my hand at blogging. Why, Sophia, why did you decide to do this? Here I am, the girl who cried days and days over her senior thesis paper; the girl who, honestly doesn't know when to use a semicolon; the girl who always leaves out words in so much as Instagram posts has decided to create her own blog. Strange, I know. But do not fret, I do have my reasons. Either I am growing up and am more aware of things around me, or blogging really has become the "in thing." My sister is a Navy wife and is totally in with the military blogging crowd, and it has kind of sparked a bit of a fire in me.
I graduated from St. Edward's University in December of 2014 with a degree in Kinesiology emphasizing in Athletic Training. When I enrolled in college I was the definition of an awkward 18 year-old who had no idea what life had in store. Throughout college, working with different athletic teams and being around a world of fitness, I began to really fall in love with the idea of helping others, and that started with myself. I entered college at 5'5" 135 pounds. Not bad right? Let's not even discuss what my body fat percentage was. I grew up playing basketball but stopped once I hit high school and didn't exactly entertain the idea of working out much. Once my freshman year was over I was tipping the scales at 140 pounds and needed a change, and quick. Being in the athletic training world, I was around constant motivation and inspiration. It forced me to really look at myself and see the changes I wanted to make. 
The summer of 2012 started my "lifestyle change," if you will. However, as a student athletic trainer, traveling with teams and eating like an athlete (when I merely sat on the sidelines) really caught up with me. From May 2012 to January 2015, I hit many bumps. Lemme tell you, the roller coaster of motivation is a real thing. Either way, I continued to push on. I've done two rounds of Sean T's Insanity videos, I pushed myself to workout at hotels while on the road, and have made many dietary changes.
Starting in January, I moved to San Diego to live with my sister who was expecting her first child while her husband was deployed. Since I was newly graduated, I decided this would be the best way to face (or ignore) the dreaded transition phase. On January 7, 2015 nephew number three was born! For the first month of his life, our mom stayed with us. She had just finished a "30 day paleo challenge" and urged us to continue with this dietary change. My sister and I, always looking for challenges and healthier living were all in! Throughout that time, we experimented with the best and healthiest foods, and recipes. With a simple month change (not neglecting exercise that is), I was able to feel way more energized, lighter, and all over healthier. As of this morning, I am weighing in at a happy 122 pounds, and 18% body fat.  
Originally, I wanted this blog to be about health and fitness, but then I decided to create it to be about all around wellness. Follow me as I discuss fun new recipes, products, challenges, but all around life and fun! 
So without further adieu, I present to you the journey of the Pseudo-Paleo Princess. Come along with me! I promise I won't disappoint :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment